Thursday, March 18, 2010

Positivity

William Barclay once said, “We will often find compensation if we think more of what life has given us and less about what life has taken away.”

I often hear people go on and on about their unhappy lives, whether it be via physical interactions, television, or on the radio. You could even say that people find comfort in being miserable. Perhaps the idea of conversing positively is simply uncomfortable for some, and I suppose I can relate to having that attitude when difficult times arise or even to curb a dull conversation. However, wouldn’t it be so much more fulfilling to take the things you do have and let them illustrate worth? I look back on my experiences and there are definitely unfortunate periods, but it seems so insignificant and unnecessary to let those things define my ability to still retain grounding for happiness. So, here is to a desire for personal awareness through positivity. Will it be impossible to always remain positive? Obviously, but I hope to instill positivity within myself and in essence, others. Will I be hugging trees and dancing in the street? While that would be highly entertaining, the answer is…not likely. Tell your loved ones you appreciate them more often and I bet the effort will express itself through other forms in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment